Person Centred Approach
Supported Lives is an ethical organisation, that puts quality before profit. We are dedicated to working in creative and positive ways with people who have disabilities. We will put together individual person-centred services to assist people in their own homes, in their local communities and to access valued occupation and daytime activities. The aim of all our services is to work within the spirit of the government white paper, Valuing People, providing individually planned services of the highest quality.
Supported Lives is part of Potens who deliver health & social care support services for children and adults with disabilities and complex needs nationwide.
Services provided by Supported Lives
Home and community based support
Supported Lives offers support at and from home, putting together specialised packages of assistance to best meet each person's needs. This will include intensive support for people who have high-level support needs. We will help them get ready for the day, assist them to take part in social activities during the day or on an evening and play a fuller part in their family life and community.
We support people to live independently in their own homes. This can mean supporting them for a few hours a week to manage their home right up to supporting people 24/7 with the appropriate level of individual support to promote inclusion in their local community.
Alternative day services
Supported Lives offers an alternative day service in which each individual member has a programme of activity that best meets their needs. We will make the service offered as indivdual as possible and one that would help someone take part in activities which would normally be closed to them because of their support needs.
If you would like to access our services for yourself or for someone you care for contact us by one of the methods detailed on our contacts page.
Mission, Values and Objectives
Supported Lives is signed up to the Quality Assurance Award and Investors In People.
Supported Lives provides high quality support to enable people with learning disabilities and other disabilities to live as independently as possible in their own homes and local communities. Supported Lives promotes equal opportunities and celebrates diversity.
Supported Lives' clients include people with disabilities and vulnerable groups.
- Supporting our clients to do things for themselves and be in control of their lives
- Treating clients in respectful ways at all times
- Encouraging clients to be part of the planning of their services
- Supported Lives encourage choice and involvement in the community and give our clients positive experiences
- To promote equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- To be good and positive employers
- To improve clients social confidence
- To encourage our clients in making choices
- To treat our clients in a respectful way at all times
- To include clients in the planning of their services
- To offer a service that promotes choice and involvement in the community
- To be good managers who care and employ staff with a positive attitude
- To be open to clients and staff
Supported Lives undertakes social accounting to help ensure its services meet the needs of our clients, staff and community.